We are back with Episode 18 of our podcast and we preview the upcoming Maryland basketball season before diving into the Ravens and MLB playoffs.
We dedicated our latest episode of the podcast to talk Maryland basketball as they are set to begin their regular season on Nov. 11 against American University. We bring on Liam Beatus, a writer for The Diamondback and broadcaster for WMUC Sports.
We ask Liam whether he agrees with my statement that Melo Trimble will win the Big Ten Conference Player of the Year. We predict a starting five for the Terps and each give an x-factor for this season.
The Maryland football team got a win over Michigan State on Saturday and is now one game away from being bowl eligible. We all agreed that this was a winnable game for the Terps, and they did just that. They realistically have two winnable games on the schedule (Indiana and Rutgers) which sandwich a tough three-game stretch against Michigan, Ohio State and Nebraska.
We go through our 7s next. Here is what we talked about this week:
1. Cam Newton was caught sliding in the DMs. The font is a joke.
2. A Buffalo Bills fan drank beer out of a female’s butt. Classic Bills Mafia.
3. Lawrence Timmons had one too many drinks in South Beach and puked all over the field.
4. Urban Meyer took on right in the kisser from a referee.
5. Big 12 will not expand and we have our theory why.
6. Nevada has approved an NFL stadium. We can’t wait to visit.
7. Rick Pitino has to know about the strippers in the athletic facilities. He was banging them too.
8. Kobe Bryant once made Luke Walton practice against him all day once the Black Mamba found out Walton was hungover.
9. Is a Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers rematch a given?
We end the show discussing the MLB playoffs and Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens lost three straight games when we recorded the show, and it’s now four consecutive after a dreadful loss against the New York Jets.
Again, we want to thank Liam for joining the show. Until next time, cue the music.